Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hair Care

 -Jillian Raposo

I often get so caught up in makeup that I neglect to pay any mind to caring for my hair. My hair regime usually consists of drug store shampoo and conditioner and blowdrying my hair upside down with no products. I'll usually finish it off with the straightening or curling iron to tame the frizz or else it's totally unruly. The biggest problem I've been having is mega buildup from using cheap products. I've been washing my hair about everyday and within hours it's limp, greasy, and just not cute. I decided it was time for a change and made an appointment with my go to girl Nadia Silva, owner of Luxx Beauty Bar, in Dartmouth. I knew she'd cut & color a masterpiece, and that she did. Every time I leave the salon my hair is completely unlike my own. It's shiny, voluminous, and full of life.

I ended up going from all black to a more brown tone with lighter ends. Going lighter for me usually means more frizz, so with my new look I decided to get all the products Nadia used. I purchased the Moraccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, the oil and the Moraccan oil round brush. Can I just say, FIN-AH-LLY! my hair has been saved and I can now make it fabulous all on my own. I've now made a conscious effort to sit down give my self a great blow dry and I'm loving the results. I don't even have to use the irons anymore. 

I'm so in love with these products and thought it was only right to spread the love. I will never go back to my cheap shampoo buying ways and will definitely splurge on quality products. Unfortunately these products are not available at your local stores but you can however take a trip over to Luxx Beauty Bar and pick them up :) If you're in need of more than just a little shampoo & conditioner you can also make an appointment with Nadia or Bethany for a variety of services. 


Luxx Beauty Bar
13 Russels Mills Rd, Dartmouth MA 02748
(774) 206-1558
https://www.facebook.com/luxxbeautybar

No comments:

Post a Comment