Thursday, August 20, 2015

How to achieve the perfect everyday makeup look on a budget

A lot of people have been telling me that I have such beautiful skin and that I have a beautiful pregnancy glow. I'd like to say it's just natural and my skin is simply just beautiful but that's definitely not the case, lol! What most people don't know is that since I've been pregnant my skin hates me! and there's a few steps that take place to achieve that "prego glow". It's been a while since I've done a posts so I figure I'd share my radiant glowing skin routine. The best part is that it's mostly drug store!!  So here are my current drug store favorites that will give you a flawless everyday look!
  1. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream: During the summer I cringe at the thought of using foundation. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation which forces me to use something with great coverage. For so long, I have been a prisoner of MAC studio fix foundation until I found this baby. I haven't tried too many BB creams so I was worried that it wouldn't give me enough coverage, but to my surprise it was perfect! I purchased 2 shades, Medium & Medium Deep. I wasn't sure which would match so I thought it was safe to buy both. The Medium Deep gives me a great warm color tone while matching my skin and I've been using the Medium to highlight under my eyes. I love that it's light weight and gives the illusion of the "no makeup" makeup look. For the best application cover imperfections first, if you have any. If you don't, booyyy are you lucky! I like to use MAC pro longwear concealer in shade NC30. Next apply your BB cream with a damp beauty blender by pressing it into the skin, NOT RUBBING! (Side note: Real Techniques makes a great Beauty Blender knock off, it's orange and can be found at Target) Rubbing will only give you streaky and uneven coverage. For more coverage, apply more layers. I then top it off with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in my T zone and bronze it up with the Milani Bronzers listed below. Definitely the perfect and natural everyday look. 
  2. Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder: I use shade 001 Creamy Natural. Its a bit light for me know that I have more of a summer tan so I'd probably buy a shade or 2 darker if you're my skin tone. I love to use this in my T zone to set my foundation and control shine. Great with a damp beauty blender or brush. For the best application pat it on the skin rather than spreading. 
  3. Milani Bronzer XL All Over Glow #3 Radiant Tan: Not only do I love the fact that this bronzer is HUGE in size but it's simply amazing. I'm a huge fan of MAC bronzers but since finding this gem I haven't touched them since. At first glance it looks as if it has a bit of glitter in it but the application is mostly matte, which I love. 
  4. Milani Baked Powder Blush, #06 Bellissimo Bronze: I love all Milani baked products but this is such a beautiful bronzing powder. I love to use it on top of a matte bronzer just to give a bit of that sun kissed glow.  (Great on top of the XL bronzer)
  5. Mayelline Lash Sensational: This is the first drug store mascara that has been amazing from beginning to end, and the first that I've repurchased. Give volume, length, and doesn't smudge. What more could you ask for?
  6. MAC Mineralize Skin finish, Soft & Gentle. This has been my favorite highlighting powder for years now. I use it on the highest points of my cheeks, down the bridge of my nose, and the top of my lip with a large fluffy shadow brush or my fingers for the perfect glow. 
If you're interested in my higher end makeup routing comment below!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment