Tuesday, March 10, 2015

How to be the most beautiful person in the room

I've always been the type of person that people come to for advice, encouragement, or help. Why? I'm not too sure, but I guess I'm doing something right. Haha! What saddens me is how many of my us have become victims to bullies and such ugly negativity. This world has become so ugly in so many ways so if I can give an ounce of encouragement to someone in need, I'm game! If you've felt down, been bullied, or just don't feel like the best version of yourself than this is for you my dear.  :)

It's sad to say but I think we can all admit that we've been bullied at some point in our lives. It may not have been directly, but indirect bullying can be just as cruel. Unfortunately for some twisted reason people would rather see someone fall than to pick someone up. We as humans are programmed to want to help ourselves and it's often very hard to want to help others. For some people it's hard to tell how much selfishness they contain but for others it's as bright as the day is long. Those are what we call "bitches". It's hard for me to wrap my head around how some people can be so cruel. Why!!! Why would you rather live your life having people not like you, fear you, and cower from you? It's such a sad sad waste of life! If only everyone woke up in the morning with the intentions of putting a smile on another's face and easing the worries of a fellow friend, life would be good let me tell ya. Your amount of friends would be endless and the smiles would be so contagious that your jaw would hurt. I know a perfect world is an unrealistic expectation but if we could all make a conscious to be a little nicer to each other, our un-perfect world would be much more tolerable. 

Spreading seeds of positivity will not only make you feel good, but could also be life changing for someone else. Think of how great a girl with acne might feel to hear someone say "I love your outfit!", or how a girl at the gym might feel to hear " I noticed you've been working hard, you look great!". That simple acknowledgement might give someone such an amazing burst of confidence that they've been lacking for years. To know that someone is looking beyond their insecurities would make them feel so good.


We've become creatures that are lost in technology and buried in a sexually overexposed illusion of what life should be. Life shouldn't be about posting your status on Facebook 10 times a day and getting the best instagram pic. To be honest with you, no one really cares! So don't waste your time! In the moments you spend doing useless things like that you could be calling a friend to see how their day was or chatting with the lady across the street. Social media is sooo tempting and nearly impossible to stay away from, I know! I force myself to do it for the sake of my job. Because lets face it, if I wasn't on Facebook and instagram I'd have no job! We just need to try to make a conscious effort to call instead of text and have face to face contact with people instead of all this B.S. At the end of the day it's all an illusion. You'll rarely see a girl post an ugly picture of herself, or see someone say they've gained weight on Facebook. It's only what they want you to see and hear. The worst part about it is that it makes sensitive people feel really depressed. When you're feeling insecure about your weight and your constantly seeing nearly perfect bodies it's depressing! When you're broke and you see someone buying a fancy car, it's depressing! And when your single and you see someones status that they're getting married, it's depressing! Now if you took yourself outside of that internet bubble and walked around in the real world you would see that there are a lot of "normal" people just like you! You'll look around and see an overweight woman that may be insecure, you'll see a homeless man begging for money, and a hard working single mother trying to provide for her child. It won't all be peaches and cream like what people portray that their lives are on social media. 

I've always felt like an old soul and wish that I was born 100 years ago when people had real life conversations and the only fun thing to do was dance. I fear for what the future will hold when people are becoming lazier and lazier when it comes to having personal relationships. We all need to look out for each other whether we like it our not. We live on a mysterious planet that floats in the atmosphere for god's sake! Who knows what tomorrow brings, what if all this technology is taken away? Will that be the point where we realize that we all need each other, when it's too late? 

I hope that whether you are the bitch or a victim of a bitch that you go into work tomorrow and give someone a nice compliment and try to put a smile on someone else's face. When you go to the nail salon spark up a conversation with the person next to you and before you know it you'll have whole salon engaging in conversation. It's awesome, trust met. I know this from experience. I LOVE to give out a random compliment to a stranger, the look on their face is priceless!! It's pretty much the look of shock like, "did that girl really just notice me and ON TOP OF THAT SAY SOMETHING NICE!".  My last visit to the nail salon was a blast! I networked with a woman that worked for a skin care company who was sitting next to me, just by telling her I liked her choice of nail polish. Before I knew it, I learned that the lady 2 chairs down was going to Hawaii and the woman at the ends daughter was getting married (I gave her my card) in October. This simple compliment of a nail color choice had all of us ladies in full conversation. That $30 was worth way more than just the gel manicure. I left there with pretty nails, a potential client and a skin care friend :)


We all get in a rut with ourselves some times so if you're feeling down and you know that you can't help yourself feel better, at least try to put a smile on someone else's face. When you see someone smile, it's going to make you smile.  Karma will bless you in return at some point I promise. No matter what size you are, how much acne you have, or what imperfection makes you insecure, I promise if you do this, you will be the most beautiful person in the room. 


Think of how awesome it would be if everyone was doing the exact same thing. 

#spreadpositivity 

-Jill 

No comments:

Post a Comment